February 3, 2012

Xtreme Athletics in Our Classroom



Bobby Morissette Owner /Head Instructor came to our classroom to talk about being healthy!  Our children had a class called X-Fit.  Our class did a 8 minute workout.  This workout included 20 seconds of squats, mountain climbing, burppies, and push-ups.  In between the 20 second workout the students were able to rest for 10 seconds.  The students were extreamly tired and quiet after the workout and I Mrs. Smith have learned that I am way out of shape! ( hehehe)


Bob will be coming back to our classroom 3 more times to continue our talk about being healthy and taking good care of ourselves.  Today he talked to us about being aware of what healthy is.


Olivia added that healthy means that our body and our brains are working well. In order for this to happen the following list can help.


Sleeping the right amount of hours
Good food is good fuel for our bodies
Bathing- staying clean and germ free
Emotions- making sure that we are in control and we have the ability to express our emotions correctly!
Exercise- how many of us exercise.  Ok I know I don't and today showed me that I need to.  


As Bob and Olivia shared with us this 8 min workout that we did today can be done while watching TV during the commercials or even when we get home from school.


How many of us are healthy?  How many of our children are healthy.  I had the children write about being healthy today.  I will send it home with them this afternoon so that you can talk about what it means to be healthy!


I am very proud to stay that all our students had done a fantastic job with Bob.  They were very well mannered and they worked very hard!  You should be proud of them.  Over the weekend I will set up a photo/video gallery here on the blog of our morning!  Nice work class and a big thank you to Bob for taking the time from your school to come to ours and share about being healthy!  Thank you!







1 comment:

  1. This has been a great idea to open the kids up to. Ever since this event, Samantha has been continuously speaking about different things that are healthy. She is making better choices in her eating habits lately and make comments about things not being healthy.
    The other day she reminded me to put on my seatbelt because it was healthy for me. That just made me so proud and I smiled the rest of the day. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete