November 21, 2013

IPad, Kindle Fire, IPad Mini, Tablet, NOOK- Oh My

I have had a number of parents ask me my own personal recommendation for an electronic for this holiday season.
                                     Oh My...

Tough "Choice" I often run into blogs and articles on these topics.  I will add them as I find them again.

Article #1
Here is an article that is a great reference for your choice. It has its own opinion of their top choice but the article has a                                       little summary of the commonly used tablets that are out                                             there.

We use iPads in our classroom as you know.  We, are used to a big interface (how big the screen is, such as the iPad 2.  We can manipulate through different types of apps. We can also make videos and take pictures.

In my house we have an Android Tablet, an iPad and a Kindle.  Each one of these are user friendly and run just like the next one. Meaning I can do the same things on my iPad that I can do on my daughters Kindle.  My daughters Kindle has a lot of the same apps that I have on my iPad. We can stream Netflix and Amazon video on all three. My husband can download movies from google play, I download movies onto my iPad from iTunes and my daughter's Kindle we download from Amazon or stream Amazon Prime.
(wow we have a house full of geeks)

So needless to say I have 3 different types in my house and they all are used the same!  I do however want to state my own opinion and that would be Apple.  Apple products are used in most schools now days. I did have a android phone but went to apple after my contract was up and have now used Apple products for 5 years.  This was written just to type my own thoughts and opinions.

When I come across some more suggestions then I will add to this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment