November 2, 2011

Wednesday November 2, 2011

Good Morning Class

Today is Wednesday November 2, 2011.  We have a 1/2 day Wednesday today!  I hope you all are staying warm during the wintry time.  Yesterday I gave you 1 page of homework that had 2 sides.  I hope you did both sides of the page!

SPELLING: I wanted to let you all know that when we took the spelling test yesterday I noticed that we are ALL having trouble with our vowel sounds.  So for the next few days we will be working very hard at our vowel sounds.

If you are a parent who is reading this....

PLEASE PRACTICE VOWEL SOUNDS WITH YOUR 1ST GRADERS.

A   Apple /A/
E    Ed       /E/
I     Itch    /I/
O   Octopus /O/
U   Up        /U/


Please take a few minutes to review these daily.  We are going to be working on diagraphs next.  Ask your child what a diagraph is!

Question of the day..... What will your students do if they break a CARPET rule?

CLUE:  OOOOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSSS

Have a great day!!!!
Mrs. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment